1) “Special General Body Meeting” was held during 27th April 2012, at Sher-E-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology, Srinagar.
The session was on:
Dr. C.S.Chakrabarti, President, IAUA highlighted the points emerged from the deliberations:
- The Land Grant pattern of Agriculture University education and research should be revisited and a request for setting up a National Commission on Agriculture Education be sent to ICAR.
- SAUs may be involved in implementing second Green Revolution programs.
- The Government may consider establishing a Central Agriculture University preferably in each state with appropriate synergies with the existing SAUs.
- More academic and financial autonomy may be given to SAUs and central assistance to the Agricultural Universities should be enhanced atleast five time.
- Liberal funding under RKVY, NFSM and ATMA may be given to the Agricultural Universities as per their need and involvement in research and extension.
- A separate budget line should be made in the State plan for agricultural research and eduction.
- VCs should be given autonomy to reallocate some CDA grants as per need of the University.