PROFILE OF BIRSA AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY
Birsa Agricultural University, established in the year 1981 on 26th June with three College, viz., Ranchi Agricultural College, Ranchi Veterinary College and College of Forestry, all located in one campus, is the first of its kind established in the tribal belt of eastern zone of our country with the primary objective of economic upliftment of Adivasis (schedule tribes), economically backward classes and other inhabitants
of Jharkhand State through developing and transferring the modern practices and technologies in the field of Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Forestry.
The University is located, on Ranchi Patratu Road, about 8 km north of Ranchi Railway Station and about 17 km north of Ranchi Airport. The location stands at 850 19'E and 230 17'N and 625 meters above mean sea level. The climate is sub-humid megothermal with large winter water deficiency.
MANDATE OF THE UNIVERSITY :
1. Develop academically qualified human resources through U.G., P.O., Ph.D. and other academic programmes.
2. Conduct fundamental and need-based, area specific research on Agriculture, Veterinary Science and Forestry.
3. Develop and promote the applications of modern Agricultural Technology for Improving the Agricultural situation of the Region and socio-economic status, especially of tribals and other weaker sections of the society, through various extension programmes.
4. Organize need based training programmes for officials, extension functionaries of state departments, other organizations and farmers.
5. Develop collaborative linkages with government undertakings, National and International Organizations for sharing and improving University resources.
ADDRESS OF THE UNIVERSITY :
Birsa Agricultural University, Ranchi-834006 (Jharkhand) Gram BIRSAGRIV, Telephone : 0651-2455500, Fax : 0651-2455850, E mail :email@example.com.
|For details visit us: www.bau.nic.in|