Chhattisgarh Kamdhenu Vishwavidyalaya (CGKV) was established by the Governor of Chhattisgarh State dated 11th April, 2012 with promulgation of The Chhattisgarh Kamdhenu Vishwavidyalaya Act, 2011.
OBJECTIVES AND MANDATE
- To make provision for imparting education toward development of quality human resources in different faculties such as Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Fisheries and Dairy Technology of CGKV.
- To creat facilities for advanced learning procedures and to accelerate research in the field of Veterinary and Animal Sciences including Fisheries, Dairy Technology and Panchgavaya production.
- To impart and bring subtlety in extension education in Veterinary and Animal Sciences including Fisheries, Dairy Technology and Panchgavaya production.
- To foster partnership and linkages with national and international educational institutions.
- To liaise and establish vital linkages with the line departments of Government of Chhattisgarh or the Union Government.
- To liaise with national and international research institutions specialized in the field of Veterinary, Fisheries, Dairy and Animal Sciences with a view to keep abreast of the latest technology.
- To organize and impart continued education, refresher training courses and summer institutes, hold technical symposium and workshops to bring about professional development and skill improvement of the technical personnel in the field.
- To make provision for the study of basic sciences with a view to support other professional studies and thereby integrating such studies in the Vishwavidyalaya curriculum.
- To confer such degrees, diplomas, certificates and other academic distinctions as the Vishwavidyalaya may decide from time to time.
- To pursue such other objectives as the Vishwavidyalaya may light upon it every so often.
The University will take a lead among all the existing Veterinary Universities of this subcontinent by contributing innovative ideas experienced through nobel research handled and will be one step ahead in extending the need based knowledge to the farmers for their socio-economic upliftment. Peer afforts have been exercised and shall be continued to produce distinct scholars in field of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Fisheries and Dairy Technology beside catering good exposure by updating the knowledge to field veterinarians and other workers associated with different species of animals. Overall enhanced contribution of livestock sector to the sustainable food security, poverty alleviation and perpetual economic growth in Chhattisgarh state is the vision of the Vishwavidyalaya.
The mission of the Vishwavidyalaya is to customize an integrated approach for all round development of livestock, poultry and fisheries through imparting quality education, intense research and development for innovative technology and act as a hub to dissipate the world wide technological advances through refined extension approach to need based farmers and the end users for sustainable productivity to augment and garner a dynamic livestock economy for the state.
At present the following constituent colleges and institutions are governed by the Chhattisgarh Kamdhenu Vishwavidyalaya :
- College of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry, Anjora, Durg
- College of Dairy Science & Food Technology, Raipur
- College of Fisheries, Kawardha
- Wild life Animal Health and Forensic Centre, Anjora, Durg
- Animal Biotechnology Centre, Anjora, Durg
- Kamdhenu and Panchgavya Research and Extension Centre
- Veterinary Polytechnic Colleges at Mahasamund, Jagdalpur and Surajpur
- Directorate of Extension services.
- Directorate of Research services.